Very often we see coaches struggling to teach skills and techniques. In our experience it is important to start with very basic instructions and break down skill to the core. In this example we will work on pressure passing skill that is essential to playing game of water polo. This skill is used in different variations at every position.
1. Start with 3 offensive players in line 6’-8’ away from each other.
2. Place one defender in the middle.
3. Ball starts from one side.
4. Pass to middle offensive player on the water (wet pass)
5. Offensive player in the middle holds off defender and steps out for the pass.
6. Ball goes to the other side and middle defender becomes offensive player.
7. Repeat from the other side.
This drill can then progress into more complex exercise with turns and dry passing. You can watch explainer video here.